How To Make Cannabis Oil – Can I Do It At Home?
Cannabis oil, also known as CBD oil, can easily be done at home. As the plant’s main components – THC and CBD – adhere to fat cells in the body, you will need some type of fat solution in order to extract them from the Cannabis plant.
What about making cannabis infused coconut oil at home?
Coconut Oil is the perfect fatty solution to your homemade cannabis oil – with the load of health benefits that is has alone, this will only add to your nutritious recipe.
- Select the fat solution you want to extract the cannabis in (butter, coconut oil or vegetable oil etc.)
- Grind the herbs
- (Optional) In order to provide a better potency, it’s a good idea to “decarb” the herbs. You can do so by laying them on a cooking tray with parchment paper in the oven at about 240° for 30-40 minutes per cup of herb, covered with tinfoil.
- After you have done this you take the herbs and simmer on low in a slow cooker/crockpot (you can use a pan if you don’t have the latter but the temperature has to be very low to avoid burning the herb) with more or less 1 cup of the fatty solution of your choice (coconut oil is recommended). The less you put, the more potent the final solution will be.
- If you are using a pot pan, simmer and stir every so often for 1-2 hours. If you are using a crockpot, you can leave the simmer for up to 10 hours, but don’t forget to stir every so often!
- When the solution is ready, leave aside to cool.
- Take a sieve and a cheesecloth and strain all the liquid into a pot of your choice.
- Then leave in a cool, dark place; best place would be in your fridge, in an opaque pot.
And there you have it! Eight simple steps for you to make cannabis oil at home! This extract of Cannabis oil can be used for cooking, injesting, or even to rub on your body when it aches.
Depending on what Cannabis you use, it may retain a lot of THC (thus giving you some psychedelic effects or mild highs), so be careful when buying or growing!
Companies can experiment when making their extracts of cannabis oil i.e., either with very high concentrations of THC or none at all. This is a great solution for people that want to avoid the psychedelic component of cannabis and use it solely for its medicinal purpose – especially if you just want to supplement with CBD, CBL, CBN and so on.
If you don’t think you’re pro enough to make your own cannabis oil or don’t have the right ingredients, then just visit our web shop to discover our amazing range of cannabis products. If you have any questions, just comment below or talk to a rep on the phone using the number above.